Friday, October 22, 2010

The Perfect Mom

So a friend of mine asked me what I though the "perfect mom" is, for a blog post she was doing. It got me thinking, and while this is not a conclusive list, this is what I came up with, and what I strive for.

The perfect mom...

Loves.

Fiercely, Powerfully, and not just their own kids. The recognize ALL kids are equal in the eyes of God.

They Fight. Fight for their kids(and all of those other kids...) AND their marriage.

They PRAY.

They are open handed, trusting that God can do better for their kids than they can.

They LAUGH!

They pick battles, and don't think too highly of themselves.

Because after all...

THEY FAIL. MISERABLY.

But they fess up to it, GET BACK UP, and try again.

They.

DO.

NOT.

GIVE.

UP.

They recognize the value of where they have come from, as well as the value of where they are going.

They are BEAUTIFUL. (yes really, YOU!)

They are wise.

They can change the WORLD.


We can change the world. We are the perfect moms. We have each been placed in our lives for a time such as this.

So I guess the question is, what are we going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment